Saturday, April 14, 2012

Do the DoTERRA!

Earlier this week I went to a DoTERRA house party for our good friends the Trumans.



The Trumans introduced us to DoTERRA about a year ago when I had a muscle cramp in my neck that prohibited me from turning my head to the left for about a week. They gave me a small bottle of Deep Blue essential oil. When I opened the bottle it initially smelled like icy/hot. (which I had already tried and it didn't help) However, since they were so kind to offer this help with out us even asking we decided to give it a try. So every night before we went to bed G would give me a neck rub with the oil. Sure enough two days later my neck was back to normal... better then normal actually, I felt great! The Trumans generously shared their oils with us over the next couple of months: On Guard for when I had a cold, Peppermint before we went to a the midnight premier of Hunger Games to wake us up, they even used Lemon for cooking one night when they invited us over for dinner. By this point I was very curious. So that's how I found myself going to a house party... Well I'm a sucker for sales because I found myself leaving the party with the Family Physician Kit: DoTERRA's Top 10 oils (Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Melaleuca, Oregano, Deep Blue, Breathe, Digestzen, and On Guard) and DVDs teaching me how to use my new oils. They even threw in a bonus Slim and Sassy (a best selling weight loss oil).  G was a little skeptical at first so we decided to give it a test run.
My new Family Physician Kit.

Anyone who has talked to me this week has probably caught on to the fact that I get pretty bad seasonal allergies. I have had a particularly difficult week with all the wind and rain blowing those lovely blossoms and spores up into the air. By the end of the week I had absolutely no use of my nose. I couldn't even breath out of my nose if it meant life or death. I've been on every kind of allergy medication Walmart has to offer, and even when I'm all drugged up I still have minimal use of my nasal passages at best. Anyway, back to the story, tonight I finally opened my kit and read all my material and found the perfect test: Breathe. I put one drop of the oil onto my palm and massaged it into my chest... sure enough within minutes I felt my sinuses open up and I could FINALLY breathe out of my nose again after about five minutes. I'm not saying that I'm a true believer yet but it has convinced me enough to do some further testing and investigating. So if any of you out there use DoTERRA or other essential oils. Do me a favor? Let me know some of your favorite uses for your favorite oils. If anyone wants to try some come on over and borrow some of mine... I have plenty!!

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAYYYYY!

    Nice work girl! If you have people who are interested, let me know and we'll throw a party at your place!

    ReplyDelete